You know that one snack that you always eat way too much of... This one is it for me. Hands down my favorite snack, in fact I'm eating them as I write this post.
Pumpkin seeds have a great macro profile for keto diets as well. They are ~76% fat with 1 net carb per serving (1 ounce) making them super keto friendly. Add in the coconut oil and now you're really cooking with gas. Pumpkin seeds also have a ton of nutritional value and health benefits including:
- Great source of Magnesium and Zinc
- Rich in Omega 3 fatty acid
- Good for your heart and liver
- Immunity Support
- Improved Prostate and Bladder Health
- Lowering Blood Sugar
- Improves Sleep
Difficulty: Easy | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Total Time: 20
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Heat coconut oil until it's liquid.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Mix in the melted oil and vanilla extract and stir until evenly coated.**
- Spread evenly across a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until brown. I do mine at 17 minutes on the dot, but BE CAREFUL they can burn quickly if you don't pay attention and every oven is a bit different.
- Let cool and enjoy. It's as easy as that.
*Mixing the dry ingredients BEFORE the liquid ingredients helps prevent any clumping and forming balls of cinnamon.
- 1 lb raw pumpkin seeds (Raw, hulled)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon stevia to liking (need measurement)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt